Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us.
There are many tasks that our volunteers help with and many different volunteer shifts available during the week. We are so grateful to our volunteers, without whom we couldn’t meet the needs of our clients.
*We especially need delivery drivers on Thursday and Fridays from 12-2pm*
PANTRY VOLUNTEER NEEDS
- Food transport: Bring donations, produce, and recycling between the pantry locations. Volunteers must have their own vehicle
- Delivery: Deliver groceries to our at home clients. Volunteers must have their own vehicle
- Packing: Pack food in bags for our clients
- Table Volunteers: Pass out food to our clients during pantry hours. Position is outside and interacts directly with clients.
- Truck Unload: Load and unload our truck with large food orders. Requires heavy lifting.
Please note: due to the COVID 19 pandemic, all volunteers must be vaccinated and 15 years or older to volunteer. To sign up to volunteer, please fill out the new volunteer form below. For any question about volunteering, please give us a call.
OTHER WAYS YOU CAN GET INVOLVED
We understand that not everyone has time or ability to volunteer. Here are some other ways you can get involved in the Brookline Food Pantry:
- Host a food drive for the pantry with your neighbors, school, office, or friends.
- Save all your paper handle bags from the grocery store and donate them to the pantry for us to reuse.
- Make goodie bags for us to give out to our clients (homemade cookies, chocolates, toiletries, Easter baskets, etc).
- Encourage a local business to do a fundraiser for the pantry.
- Raise awareness about food insecurity at your school, work, or in the community